PermaStripe & PermaRoute; What’s the Difference?
PermaStripe, our original aisle marking creation, made to withstand the most testing of warehouse environments and it’s sibling, PermaRoute, manufactured to follow in PermaStripes stead, with both destined to co-exist side by side in complete, durable harmony.
But one of our most common questions is what differentiates these products? Well, they have a lot of similarities, both are extremely tough and both are industry leaders but they do have subtle differences, with one dominating factor that make them most suitable for particular applications….
PermaStripe is a solid, homogenous piece of virgin plastic. As PermaStripe is so thick (1mm plastic with an additional 160mu of adhesive) we add a chamfer, also known as a feathered edge, on the sides to prevent it being a trip hazard. Each roll needs to be extruded individually, each width requires its own, expensive extrusion tool. We produce three sale widths (50mm, 75mm and 100mm) along with a width of 250mm for our internal die cutting use. The upper surface is finished with either a mild non-slip emboss or an easy clean smooth surface.
PermaRoute is produced wide width, 1168mm, the films available at this width are too thin for our use, to achieve the strong thickness that we require we needed to produce something never seen before. We bring together two extremely thick films, each one an incredible 350mu thick. The upper surface has a mild non-slip emboss.
What can PermaStripe offer?
- As it is a solid homogenous construction the colour will not fade, cannot be scratched off and will not be removed by harsh solvents such as MEK, toluene etc.
- The tough plastic allows it, with some difficulty at initial removal, to be removed and replaced as it will remove clean.
- Huge amounts of adhesion for initial grab and long term staying power
What can PermaRoute offer?
- As the printed part is protected by a thick upper laminate it is protected, so, if a chevron pattern is required then the PermaRoute pattern is fully protected and not exposed on the upper surface.
- PermaRoute is produced full width, this allows us the ability to print on the bottom laminate with all available printing methods, offering full colour prints and graphics.
- Total flexibility of shapes and widths as we are not restricted to set roll widths or having to cope with a narrow maximum width for die cutting. Any width is possible and any die cut shape can be manufactured.
- The flat structure can help if vehicles are turning on it.
We offer samples, please contact us and request a PermaStripe or PermaRoute sample pack and see first hand the quality and durability of our products. We can also offer custom solutions dependent on order quantity. If this is your preference then please get in touch with us and see what we can do for your business.
Want to Stay Up to Date?
Subscribe to future blog posts and newsletters here.